- "Let me guess. Ale, ale, ale and...oh, probably another ale?"
- ―Arabella Smith
Ale was an intoxicating liquor made from an infusion of malt by fermentation and the addition of a bitter, usually hops. In 1750, Jack Sparrow and Angelica used ale to startle several pursuing members of the Royal Guard.
In 1750, Captain Jack Sparrow and Angelica would find themselves attacked by the Royal Guard in the Captain's Daughter pub in London, England. Outnumbered and outgunned by the soldiers, the pair prepared to give up, Angelica exclaiming that they were at a disadvantage. Jack, however, was not prepared to give in that easily, and utilized a nearby barrel to spray ale all over the guards, slicing it open with his sword. Ale came streaming out of the barrels, knocking over every guard in the vicinity and also providing Sparrow with a drink.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Captain Teague does not appear in the On Stranger Tides junior novelization. His line about about some people looking for the crew is delivered by an old ale-drinking sailor.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (game) (First appearance)
- Jack Sparrow: The Coming Storm
- The Price of Freedom
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Caribbean
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Rising in the East
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides