Antigua was discovered and named by Christopher Columbus in 1493. In 1632, a group of English colonists left St. Kitts to settle in Antigua. Under Edward Warner, their leader, they grew cash crops of tobacco, ginger, indigo and sugar. Soon after, slaves from Africa were brought on island to work on sugar plantations.
During Jack Sparrow's search for the Sword of Cortés, the crew of the Barnacle sailed for Antigua to buy some supplies. A few years later, when Jack was a merchant captain in the East India Trading Company, his ship, the Wicked Wench, made port in Antigua.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Antigua appears in the video game Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned. But, since that game was canceled, it is unknown if the island's appearance in the game is canon or not.
- Jack Sparrow: The Coming Storm (First mentioned)
- Jack Sparrow: The Timekeeper (Mentioned only)
- Jack Sparrow: Poseidon's Peak (Mentioned only)
- The Price of Freedom (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (on a map)