- "Sri Sumbhajee proclaims this all to be folly! Hang the Code! Who gives a—"
[Teague shoots Askay]
"Code is the law."
- ―Askay and Edward Teague
Nothing is known of Askay's early life, except that he, at some point, became a pirate under captain Sumbhajee Angria, along with his twin brother, Pusasn. They served as aides to Angria, speaking on his behalf.
Askay, Pusasn and Sumbhajee were present at the meeting of the Fourth Brethren Court. Askay and his brother stood at either side of their master, ready to speak for him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Askay and Pusasn were portrayed by the same man, Omid Djalili.
- In the Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - The Journey to World's End book, when Barbossa proposes the Pirate Lords should free Calypso, Askay says "Sri Sumbhajee says Barbossa has lost his senses! Do not let him speak any further!"
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Turning Tide
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
|Members of the Brethren Court|