- "We'll Honeymoon in the barn."
- ―Beatrice Kelly to Jack Sparrow
Beatrice was the sister of Pierre Kelly.
It's unknown when Beatrice was born or where she came from. She had at least one sibling, her brother Pierre "Pig" Kelly. When she grew up, she had a son and a daughter, and after their births, she decided to look for a respectable man to be her husband and the father of her children.
Marrying a pirate
In 1751, Jack Sparrow, Carina Smyth and Henry Turner appeared on Hangman's Bay, the island in which Beatrice and Pig Kelly resided. Pig tried to force Jack to marry Beatrice to settle his debt. Jack refused to marry her, as Kelly threatened him with a flintlock pistol.
Even still, Jack still refused to marry her, but ended up accidentally saying 'I do'. But before Beatrice could kiss him, they all heard a gunshot and turned to see Hector Barbossa and the crew of the Queen Anne's Revenge, who had arrived to rescue Jack. Barbossa proceeded to shoot Pig Kelly in the leg. Beatrice fled along with Pig Kelly's pirate crew. Her further fate is unknown.
Behind the scenes
- Beatrice was played by Hannah Walters in Dead Men Tell No Tales. In real life, Walters is the wife of Stephen Graham, who played Scrum in On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- In Jeff Nathanson's 2013 early draft of the Dead Men Tell No Tales script Beatrice was Pig Kelly's daughter, not sister. Disney Pirates: The Definitive Collector's Anthology also describes her as Kelly's daughter.
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales