A blunderbuss (or musketoon) was a type of gunpowder anti-personel gun. It was a muzzle-loading firearm with a short, large caliber barrel, which is flared at the muzzle, and when used with small musket shot packed in, could wipe out scores of hostiles at a time. The blunderbuss was an early form of shotgun adapted to military and defensive use.
During the battle against the Interceptor, several members of Hector Barbossa's cursed crew including Katracho used blunderbusses in the fight. Over a year later, during the battle of Calypso's maelstrom, Marty had used the weapon to ward off attacking members of Davy Jones' crew as they descended from the Flying Dutchman onto the Black Pearl.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: Movie Graphic Novel Hector Barbossa shot Pierre Kelly with his pistol, not with his blunderbuss.
- In LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, Marty is equipped with a blunderbuss which fires explosive rounds.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Disney Infinity (Non-canonical appearance)