|This article is about the title. "Bosun" redirects here. You may be looking for the pirate character known as Bo'sun.|
- "Bosun! Summon the Kraken!"
- ―Davy Jones
Boatswain, often phonetically spelled and pronounced Bosun, was the term given to the Warrant Officer or Petty Officer who served as the foreman of a ship's crew. A boatswain was sometimes also the third or fourth mate. The term was derived from from late Old English batswegen, from bat ("boat") + Old Norse sveinn ("swain"), meaning a young man, a follower, retainer or servant.
- Malcom Hatcher (Victory)
- Bo'sun (Black Pearl)
- Hendry Cutts (Black Pearl)
- Jimmy Legs (Flying Dutchman)
- Maddox (Monarch) 
Behind the scenes
- In the At World's End video game, Maccus was called "Bosun" by Davy Jones. However, this may be incorrect as Jimmy Legs was said to be the Bosun under Jones in Dead Man's Chest.
- Bo'sun is one the ranks a player can earn in Pirates of the Caribbean: Master of the Seas.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game)