A clergyman, clergywoman, or cleric was a member of the clergy, especially one who was a priest, missionary or other religious professional. Clergy had different functions in different religious traditions. They may lead certain rituals, for example, or help in spreading religious doctrines and practices.
Jonathan Beckett Sr. wanted his son Cutler to become a clergyman, but he joined the East India Trading Company instead. The notorious pirate Jack Sparrow once impersonated a cleric of the Church of England in one of his numerous crimes. A young missionary named Philip Swift was referred to as a cleric by Blackbeard, and clergyman by Jack Sparrow himself.
- The Price of Freedom (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First mentioned)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (First appearance)
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales