A – B – C – D – E – F – G – H – I – J – K – L – M – N – O – P – Q – R – S – T – U – V – W – X – Y – Z
Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion; Outrageously bad.
Abbreviation of East India Trading Company.
- "This is a truly...remarkable...account, Captain Sparrow. I didn’t know it was even possible to kill a ghost. Or a ‘revenant,’ as you term them. I mean, they’re already dead, aren’t they? Doesn’t dispatching one require a...what’s the word...an exorcism?"
"Oh, no, Mr. Beckett. Haven’t you ever heard of the power of cold iron over eldritch things?"
- ―Cutler Beckett and Jack Sparrow
Strange or unearthly; eerie.
- "There is a prophecy—the man with no eyes. He's known as eleri ipin, which means 'witness of fate'. What he says comes true. He sees things happen before they happen. He's never wrong."
"I can do that too. If you don’t count women, weather, and other things that are hard to predict."
- ―Angelica and Jack Sparrow
Eres malo! Malo como el demonio!Edit
- "Sparrow! ¡Eres malo! ¡Malo como el demonio!"
- ―Angelica to Jack Sparrow
A Latin word meaning "therefore".
To free oneself. To avoid, elude, or get away from any unpleasant person or thing. To avoid capture; to get away with something to avoid punishment. Jack Sparrow was known to escape a great deal of dangers.
- "My lords! Lads, chaps, masters, esquires and gentlemen of fortune! I present to you such loveliness as to make you weep."
An unofficial title of respect. George Swift was sometimes called G.W. Swift, Esquire. The Letters of Marque that King George II gave to Hector Barbossa were addressed "To Captain Hector Barbossa, Esq."
A Latin expression that is used in English to mean "and other similar things", or "and so forth". Translated literally from Latin, et means 'and', while cētera means 'the rest'; thus the expression means 'and the rest (of such things)'.
Evil is profound immorality. In certain religious contexts evil has been described as a supernatural force. Definitions of evil vary, as does the analysis of its root motives and causes. However, elements that are commonly associated with evil involve unbalanced behavior involving expediency, selfishness, ignorance, or neglect.
A small patch that is worn in front of one eye. It is used to cover a lost or injured eye.