|"We are an unimaginative lot when it comes to naming things."|
The title of this article is conjectural.
- "Carina Smyth, you are an orphan born of the devil - accused of practicing witchcraft! Before you die, do you have anything to confess?"
- ―Confessional Priest to Carina Smyth
Not much is known about the Confessional Priest's early life. At some unspecified point of his life, he became a priest due his devotion to the Bible and his Christianity. The charge given to him by the Church of England was to serve as a confessional priest at the island of Saint Martin to ask criminals if they wanted to confess something before their inminent deaths.
As the supposed witch Carina Smyth was to be executed, the Confessional Priest asked her if she had anything to confess before she died. Carina confessed that she was not a witch, that she had survived on her own with nothing but a diary from her father, and that while they were talking she had pitched the lock to her jail cell. Before the Confessional Priest could say anything, Carina burst open the door, knocking him over. His further fate is unknown.
Behind the scenes
- The Confessional Priest was portrayed by Matthew Walker in Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales