The first EITC flag was a striped red and white flag with the St. George's Cross in the canton. The Cross represented the Kingdom of England. That flag was used by the Company during the period of 1600 to 1707.
In 1707, the Act of Union between England and Scotland created the Kingdom of Great Britain. The new British flag, the Union Jack, consisted of a combined St. George's Cross and a St. Andrew's Cross. The Company flag was quickly changed to include the Union Jack in the canton. The flag was prominently displayed on the Company's forts.
At some point before the early 1710s, the Company adopted another flag. The new flag was a blue flag with the white Company logo. Though the merchant ships like the Fair Wind flew both the Union Jack and the new Company flag, the Company's warships like the HMS Endeavour flew only the Company flag.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The blue EITC flag seen in the Pirates of the Caribbean world is entirely fictional. In real-world history, the East India Company had only one flag, which appears very briefly in At World's End.
- In Dead Man's Chest, when the Edinburgh Trader is leaving Port Royal, the EITC flag on one of the ships of the line in the harbor is turned upside down.
- In At World's End a model of the HMS Endeavour in Cutler Beckett's cabin flies the EITC flag from the stern flagstaff, two Union Jacks from the mizzen mast and the mainmast, and the blue and white striped flag from the foremast.
- In the revision screenplay draft of At World's End, it was originally intended for Cutler Beckett to survive the destruction the the HMS Endeavour leading Beckett to fight to stay above the water to not avail due the EITC flag falling over him and causing him to drown.
- Jack Sparrow: Sins of the Father
- The Price of Freedom
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Turning Tide
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Isles of War
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First appearance of the blue flag)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (First appearance of the striped flag)
- Kingdom Hearts III (Non-canonical appearance)