I have a few questions for you all on something of much importance.
What are your thoughts about redirecting in-universe POTC material to other pages. For example...
For "Hector Barbossa's hats" we can make that a disambiguation page and have the articles say "Hector Barbossa's pirate hat" and "Hector Barbossa's privateer hat"(or first and second; whichever works). And we could put images of the hats in one gallery called "Gallery of Hector Barbossa's hats images".
Like right now, I'm thinking of having doing the same with Jack Sparrow's pistols and many more.
I notice a long time in some other Wikias that they have a different way of naming galleries and I thought it'd probably be a good thing to do the same for our galleries. For examples...
We change "Gallery of Jack Sparrow images" to "Jack Sparrow/Gallery", and "Gallery of Mao Kun map images" to "Mao Kun map/Gallery". I previously wasn't thinking of doing this(as we had what we had for a long time)...but as we have "On Stranger Tides/Gallery", I thought why not?
- I'm against the redirects. Mainly because there is one Barbossa's hat of which we'll never get an image, and that's Barbossa's hat from The Price of Freedom. The pirate hat which Barbossa wears in CotBP, DMC, AWE, and OST, is not the same hate as the one which he wears in The Price of Freedom. That's clearly confirmed in Legends of the Brethren Court when someone says that he acquired a new hat shortly before joining Jack's crew.
- As for the galleries, just because other wikias have a different way of naming galleries doesn't mean we have to do the same. UskokSea Queen, Nemesis 13:57, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- The gallery idea was just out of curiosity...though the redirects I'm curious if we should do.
- Images or not, I think it'd be best to make redirects as we're getting way too many objects that are called Barbossa's hat or Jack's pistol(though he technically gave that one to Angelica, which kinda makes it more contradictory). Then again, I have another solution if images end up being an issue(which I don't find, as we don't have images of many characters who appear in Legends of the Brethren Court and of course The Price of Freedom). My other solution is this, as I think I stated above...
- Instead of naming the pages "Barbossa's first hat; Barbossa's second hat..." etc we'd just name it "pirate hat"(putting the different hats within the sections) and "privateer hat". But that's only if we don't want to narrow it down to different articles. --Black Pearl, HMS Interceptor, Queen Anne's Revenge 22:29, December 6, 2011 (UTC)