The Gulf of Mexico (Spanish: Golfo de México) was a partially landlocked ocean basin largely surrounded by the North American continent and the island of Cuba. It was bounded on the northeast, north and northwest by the coast of North America, on the southwest and south by Mexico, and on the southeast by Cuba.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Prior to its renown fame of appearing in the Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise as the Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge, the Sunset once serviced oil derricks in the Gulf of Mexico.
- In Terry Rossio's original script for Dead Men Tell No Tales, the film's story was planned to end with the Black Pearl sailing across the Gulf of Mexico with Barbossa and some crewmembers planning another mutiny against Jack Sparrow.
- Jack Sparrow: The Age of Bronze (First appearance)
- Jack Sparrow: Silver
- Jack Sparrow: City of Gold
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Caribbean
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (On a map)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (On a map)