|Points of interest||
Hangman's Bay was the place where Jack Sparrow, Henry Turner, and Carina Smyth escaped to, after almost being killed by Captain Salazar and his men. Later, Captain Barbossa and his men double-crossed the dead, fleeing to the island. There, they interrupted a wedding ceremony, where Jack Sparrow was being forced to marry Pierre Kelly's ssiter, and shot Kelly in the leg. He was then hauled away by his men. Later, they boarded the Black Pearl, and sailed away, never to come back to the Bay.
Behind the scenes
- The whale-bone chapel on the shores of Hangman's Bay was constructed at Hastings Point in New South Wales, Australia. The scene of Jack Sparrow, Henry Turner, Carina Smyth, and Barbossa's pirates running on the beach was filmed on Whitehaven Beach in Australia's Whitsunday Islands.
- An actual bay named Hangman's Bay exists on the island of Barbados. It's possible the island in Dead Men Tell No Tales was named after the real location.
- In Jeff Nathanson's 2013 early draft of the Dead Men Tell No Tales script Hector Barbossa and the crew of the Queen Anne's Revenge captured Carina Smyth and Jack Sparrow on the island of Coronation Bay.
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Notes and references
|Locations in Pirates of the Caribbean|