- "Lessee...there was a big haul of Viking gold they say is buried up there on the coast of some land of ice. Don't much like cold, me. I'd rather stay down here in the Caribbean. And there are tales of treasures on magical isles in England and Ireland. Glastonbury, Camelot, Avalon, that sort of thing."
- ―Jack Sparrow to Christophe-Julien de Rapièr
Ireland was the third-largest island in Europe and the twentieth-largest island in the world. It was located to the northwest of continental Europe and was surrounded by hundreds of islands and islets.
To the east of Ireland was Great Britain, separated from it by the Irish Sea. Since the 1,100s, Ireland was enslaved and brutally ruled by Great Britain for many centuries. During this time, constant rebellions would be crushed and followed by massacres of Irish Catholics by the English/British Army. Irish Catholics also faced harsh discrimination by the British Protestants. By 1750, Ireland was ruled by King George II.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Price of Freedom (First mentioned)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Caribbean (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Mentioned only)