- "I, Captain Jack Sparrow, being recently possessed of a ship, a crew and a hat, do take it upon me from this day forth to faithfully and truthfully recount our adventures on the high seas and lowly streets in this Captain's Log."
- ―Excerpt from Jack Sparrow's log
A logbook, often called a ship's log or shorten as log, was a book or personal journal kept for recording of the ship's course, progress, and any events of navigational importance. It also recounts the crew's exploits and discoveries.
During his teenage adventures, Jack Sparrow kept a "Captain's Log" aboard the Barnacle. Ponce de León kept a ship's log aboard the Santiago, which would later be used by The Spaniard's crew during the quest for the Fountain of Youth.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Disney Second Screen Experience for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides was presented as a logbook, which takes viewers behind the scenes of the film and show a wealth of production photos, concept artwork, turnarounds, progressions, video, and more.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (game) (First appearance)
- Jack Sparrow: The Coming Storm
- The Price of Freedom
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)