The Mediterranean Sea was a sea of the Atlantic Ocean, located between southern Europe and northern Africa. It was almost entirely enclosed by land; its connection to the Atlantic Ocean was only nine miles wide. It was an important ocean for trade between ancient civilizations such as Egypt, Rome, Greece, Carthage, Persia, and Phoenicia. It was also home to ancient pirates, some of which were locked up in the Turkish prison. When Jack Sparrow was captured by corsairs, he was taken to that prison. He later escaped in the middle of the Mediterranean to the Black Pearl.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Complete Visual Guide
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (DVD featurette)
Notes and references
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: The Complete Visual Guide, p90-91: "Pirate Lords"