A navigator was the person on board a ship responsible for its navigation. The primary responsibility of the navigator was to be aware of ship position at all times. Other responsibilities include planning the journey, advising the captain or commander of estimated timing to destinations while en route, and ensuring hazards were avoided. Some ships may have more than one navigators.
- Nathaniel Bainbridge (Fair Wind)
- Jack Sparrow (Fair Wind)
- Robert Greene (Wicked Wench)
- Frank Connery (Wicked Wench)
- Koleniko and Greenbeard (Flying Dutchman)
- Joshamee Gibbs (HMS Providence)
Behind the scenesEdit
- In Terry Rossio's first screenplay draft of At World's End, during the Hai Peng's journey to World's End Joshamee Gibbs would have questioned Hector Barbossa's right to give him orders, only for Will Turner to intervene and order Gibbs to follow the heading suggested by Barbossa in his official capacity of navigator.