The Pirate Armada was a fleet of pirate vessels that gathered during the meeting of the Fourth Brethren Court to fight against the East India Trading Company. The ships were all captained by a member of the Brethren, including all nine Pirate Lords and the Keeper of the Code.
Led by the Black Pearl, the fleet met with Lord Cutler Beckett's armada outside of Shipwreck Island, where they would fight each other. Almost all the ships in the fleet didn't take part in the following battle, save for the Black Pearl, though one of the EITC's main ships, the Flying Dutchman, would later switch sides. This event led the armada to retreat, and a decisive pirate victory.
- "Then what shall we die for? You will listen to me. Listen! The Brethren will still be looking here to us, to the Black Pearl, to lead. And what will they see? Frightened bilge rats aboard a derelict ship? No. No, they will see free men, and freedom! And what the enemy will see is the flash of our cannons. They will hear the ring of our swords, and they will know what we can do. By the sweat of our brows, and the strength of our backs...and the courage of our hearts. Gentlemen...Hoist the colors."
- ―Elizabeth Swann to the crew of the Black Pearl
When Lord Cutler Beckett went to war against the Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court, the Brethren had to meet in Shipwreck Cove in order to plan an attack on the East India Trading Company. But when they decided to fight Beckett's armada, they didn't realize that they were numerically outmatched, especially with the Flying Dutchman in the lead. After a parley between the leaders of both fleets, the pirates and the East India Trading Company prepared to battle to the death.
During the Battle of Calypso's maelstrom, both sides didn't send their entire fleet of ships into battle, only the Black Pearl and the Dutchman went into battle. This action lead to the pirates' victory over the Dutchman, when Davy Jones was killed, in the maelstrom. Afterwards, with the resurrected Will Turner as the new captain of the Flying Dutchman, both the Pearl and the Dutchman brought the destruction of the HMS Endeavour. The other ships of the armada cheered to celebrate Beckett's defeat and the retreat of the remainder of the Company's armada. The war was over.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The name "Pirate Armada" came from one of the previous versions of the official POTC website.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game) (First appearance)
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- The Dragon Tile!