- "Before the Black Pearl was cursed, there was a young captain named Jack Sparrow."
- ―Legends of the Brethren Court tagline
Plot[edit | edit source]
The series takes place after the events of Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, in which he was a teenager, and takes place thirteen years before the first film in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series. Tia Dalma sends him and his crew off to collect seven vials of a mystical liquid metal known as Shadow Gold scattered all around the world to stop the alchemist, the Shadow Lord who gains his power from the gold from destroying the Pirate Lords with his Army of Shadows. Along the way, Jack is aided by his fellow Pirate Lords, including his first mate, Hector Barbossa, and is chased by the East India Trading Company everywhere he goes.
Books[edit | edit source]
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Caribbean
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Rising in the East
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Turning Tide
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Wild Waters
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Fourth Estate (Cancelled)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Day of the Shadow
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Originally, the Legends of the Brethren Court series was to be chronicled in six volumes. However, they only ended with five volumes because the story concluded in Day of the Shadow. The fifth book in the series was supposed to be titled The Fourth Estate, showing Jack Sparrow and his crew fighting a mysterious band of misfits known as the Fourth Estate. However, the book was cancelled, and Day of the Shadow, which was originally supposed to be the sixth book, was released as the fifth one.
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Stated in the preview of Legends of the Brethren Court series from the last pages of Bold New Horizons.