Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
- "I've concluded that we must take action regarding these rogue pirates. If these blackguards continue to plunder and menace merchant shipping, it won't be long before England, France, Spain and probably Portugal will dispatch their navies to hunt down all pirate ships they find. They won't distinguish between those of us that keep to the Code, and these rogue pirates...these Code breakers."
- ―Edward Teague to assembled pirates at Shipwreck Cove
Behind the scenes
- "Attack authorizations? I thought pirate activity was at an ebb."
"They're lying low for the moment. But the Brethren will gather soon enough, and then one final strike..."
"A Portuguese merchant vessel? This one is for ships of the French Royal Navy! You intend to use the Flying Dutchman to wage war on other nations?"
- ―Weatherby Swann and Cutler Beckett
- In the first screenplay draft of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Cutler Beckett intended to use the Flying Dutchman to capture both pirate ships and ships of other nations, including ships of the Portuguese Royal Navy.
- The Portuguese Royal Navy currently makes no appearances in the Pirates of the Caribbean universe, being only mentioned in the novel The Price of Freedom.
- The Price of Freedom (Mentioned only)