When the Black Pearl located Black Rock Island, Jack Sparrow, Carina Smyth and Hector Barbossa journeyed through the area. After Carina placed the last piece of the ruby in its place, the sea divided and soon spread to the island causing both Sparrow and Smyth to fall in the gap where they discovered the tomb and the Trident of Poseidon. Following the destruction of the Trident, the route to the area was closed by the rushing seas.
Behind the scenes
- For Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, scenes in Poseidon's Tomb were filmed at Village Roadshow Studios in Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.
- In a deleted scene from Dead Men Tell No Tales, when Jack Sparrow and Carina Smyth land in Poseidon's Tomb, a whale swims nearby, its right flipper emerging from the wall of water for a few moments, stunning them.
- In Jeff Nathanson's 2013 early draft of the Dead Men Tell No Tales script the Tomb of Poseidon was a monumental fortress and the final resting place of Poseidon. Located on Coffin Islands on the outer side of the Devil's Triangle, the tomb was raided by Hector Barbossa's pirates and the ghostly crew of the Silent Mary. The leader of the ghosts, Captain John Brand, used the Trident of Poseidon to sink the Tomb which ended up at the bottom of the ocean.
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (First identified as Poseidon's Tomb)
Notes and references
|Locations in Pirates of the Caribbean|