- "What terror lurks in the mind o' stout 'arted seamen...battling the angry seas?"
It is unknown when or where the Royal Fortune was built, or how she became a pirate vessel. The only thing known about this ship is that she was wrecked on the rocks off the shore of Isla Tesoro, while her crew searched for the treasure that was hidden within a deadly grotto known as Dead Man's Cove.
Behind the scenes
- The name of this ship was never mentioned in Walt Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean nor any other related material. The ship was named in the unused narration recorded for the original ride. In the Battle for the Sunken Treasure attraction the ship's bow is decorated with the figurehead of a woman holding a goblet in her right hand.
- A similar ship appears in the bonus level of LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game. The bonus level is modeled after the ride.
- It is possible that this ship is named after the Royal Fortune, a name used for several ships captained by the notorious pirate Bartholomew Roberts.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (ride) (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure
- Sea of Thieves: A Pirate's Life (Non-canonical appearance)
Notes and references
|Pirate ships in Pirates of the Caribbean|