| "We are an unimaginative lot when it comes to naming things."|
The title of this article is conjectural.
- "But you're Captain Jack Sparrow. You vanished from under the eyes of seven agents of the East India Company. You sacked Nassau port without firing a shot. Are you the pirate I've read about or not?"
- ―Elizabeth Swann
The Sack of Nassau was a legendary adventure that Captain Jack Sparrow endured, being famed for "sacking it without firing a shot". He arrived in Nassau port at the wrong time, when Black Smoke James invaded it and tried to seize the position as magistrate (governor). But Jack managed to defeat him after he did not withdraw his attack.
Jack Sparrow headed to the port during that time, and encountered the magistrate in his mansion, where he barricaded himself. The magistrate mistook Jack to be James himself, so Jack took the advantage and ordered for all of his people to leave and leave the island to him. But he had to go talk with Black Smoke James himself in order to keep his promise. But he could not convince Black Smoke to leave, as he was intending to pillage the island. Jack rescued several endangered villagers from the attackers and had them quench fires so that he could escort them to a boat at the harbor. He did this, and he protected the villagers as they fled to the boat, because some of the enemy crew were still shooting and hacking at them. The boat sank, but the magistrate thanked "Black Smoke" for helping him, giving him Letters of Marque signed by the Queen. But he had to get off the island himself, still under attack by the enemy crewmembers. He dodged cannon fire as he fled across the docks, and reached King George's Amnesty, Black Smoke's flagship. He had to fight the pirate in his cloud of black smoke by throwing explosive kegs at him in his smokescreen, and then attacked him with his sword. Black Smoke was defeated, and swore revenge on Jack as he disappeared. Jack did not fire his pistol once during the entire event, and was thus famed for it.
- The video game Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow shows a fictionalized version of the event where Elizabeth Swann is at Jack Sparrow's side during the encounter. This is a story told to Barbossa in the captain's cabin of the Black Pearl while he is in captivity, which is also part of a story told to Alberto Chaves as he is on the gallows in Fort Alvo Grande, telling his adventures as last words.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The timeline established in On Stranger Tides (which takes place in 1750) and Dead Men Tell No Tales (which takes place in 1751) sets the events of The Legend of Jack Sparrow around 1728. However, the exact placement still has to be officially confirmed by The Walt Disney Company.
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow