|For other uses, see Shanghai (disambiguation)|
|Behind the scenes|
- "What ports of call on your voyage to China, Mister de Ver?"
"Marseilles, mon capitan. Where the best ships, the ships built by Frenchmen, they are docking! Also, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Algol here in Afrique, then around the Cape of Good Hope to Shanghai. With stops for provisioning, naturellement."
- ―Jack Sparrow and Etienne de Ver
Two important events helped promote Shanghai's development in the Ming Dynasty. A city wall was built for the first time in 1554, in order to protect the town from raids by Japanese pirates. It measured 10 metres high and 5 kilometers in circumference.
During the Qing Dynasty, Shanghai became one of the most important sea ports in the Yangtze Delta region. In 1732 Emperor Yongzheng moved the customs office for Jiangsu province from the prefectural capital of Songjiang city to Shanghai, and gave Shanghai exclusive control over customs collections for Jiangsu Province's foreign trade. Colonial buildings in old Shanghai.
- The Price of Freedom (Mentioned only)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Rising in the East (First appearance)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Day of the Shadow
- The Shanghai Tigers
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online (Mentioned only)