FANDOM


For other uses, see Disney Parks (disambiguation)
ShanghaiDisneylandLogo
"We are excited to celebrate this new milestone in Shanghai Disney Resort's development. And we're thrilled to announce that the resort's theme park will be home to a first new themed land and attraction, inspired by the phenomenal Pirates of the Caribbean movies that were originally inspired by a Disney attraction. It is truly unique to Shanghai Disney Resort!"
Bill Ernest[src]

The Shanghai Disney Resort is a theme park resort in Pudong, Shanghai. Built by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts it is the first Disney park in mainland China and the second within the boundaries of the People's Republic of China, the other being Hong Kong Disneyland. Like most other Disney Resorts around the world, Shanghai Disneyland Resort features a flagship park called Shanghai Disneyland Park. The park was built in a style similar to Disney's other Magic Kingdom style parks in which it contains numerous themed lands, including "Treasure Cove", the first Pirates of the Caribbean-themed land. Covering 963 acres, 43% of the resort is owned by The Walt Disney Company and the remaining 57% is owned by the Shanghai Shendi Group, itself a joint venture of three companies owned by the Shanghai government.

HistoryEdit

Shanghai DisneylandEdit

Like most other Disney Resorts around the world, Shanghai Disneyland Resort will feature a flagship park called Shanghai Disneyland Park. The park will be built in a style similar to Disney's other Magic Kingdom style parks. It will contain numerous themed lands. One of the aims of this project is to combine Disney stories and their characters with attractions that are specifically designed for Chinese guests. An interactive castle called Enchanted Storybook Castle will be constructed at the centre of the park that will offer performances. The park will also have two themed hotels, a lake, and large venues for retail shopping, dining and entertainment.

Pirates of the Caribbean Shanghai

Concept art of Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates ride.

On March 2014, Shanghai Disney Resort announced that the first of the park's six themed lands will be dedicated to characters and stories inspired by the movie franchise based on the original Pirates of the Caribbean. This first-ever Pirates-themed land in a Disney park, to be named Treasure Cove, will be unique to Shanghai Disneyland and include a major attraction, Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure, an all-new high-technology boat ride attraction. The announcement coincided with the completion of key structural work on the attraction, and marks another milestone in the resort development.[1]

Park AttractionsEdit

External linksEdit

Notes and referencesEdit

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.