|For other uses, see Singapore (disambiguation)|
|Points of interest|
|Behind the scenes|
Sao Feng's bath house in Singapore became the site of a confrontation between Sao Feng and Hector Barbossa, during the latter's quest to rescue Jack Sparrow from Davy Jones' Locker. The intervention of the East India Trading Company led to a full-scale battle in the streets of Singapore, during which a fireworks factory was destroyed by Jack the monkey. With haste, Barbossa's crew set sail in the Hai Peng, soon followed by Sao Feng himself in the Empress, intending to track down Jack Sparrow.
The harbor city of Singapore appeared to be little more than a dilapidated shanty town, though, due in part to Pirate Lord Sao Feng's influence, the city held many secrets. Chart-makers and glass-blowers frequented the narrow byways, many operating covertly as spies for Sao Feng. Sao Feng's bath house was located deep within the shadowy backwaters of Singapore, beyond the city's marketplace. A sacred retreat built on the stone foundations of a 16th century fort, the bath house was a hallowed haunt only the most privileged or notorious were allowed entry to.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In real-world history, modern Singapore was founded by Sir Thomas Stamford Bingley Raffles in 1819 on behalf of the East India Trading Company. In the early mid-1700s, however, the inhabitants of Singapore would not have been Chinese but instead Malay due to the proximity of the Malaysian Peninsula to the island. Prior to 1819, Singapore would have been a tiny Malay fishing village, not a bustling port town inhabited by Chinese.
- The first edition of the Pirates of the Caribbean: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies book was printed in Singapore.
- Jack Sparrow: City of Gold (Mentioned only)
- The Price of Freedom (Mentioned only)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Rising in the East
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First mentioned)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game) (First appearance)