The article's fateEdit
More discussions in this article can start here(just don't edit the information above, please).
Characters and Posters Edit
Ok, I have to ask about 2 things I think we should have some concern about:
1. For the characters(in the infobox), should we leave it as Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Kevin McNally, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley OR should we change it to:
- Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Kevin McNally
- Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Geoffrey Rush, Kevin McNally
I do know that we need all five in there(since JD, GR, KM appeared in the films AND that OB, KK have been some of the main characters in the first 3 films), but I don't know which order I should put it as.
2. Should the "skull and crossbones" teaser posters(that you see in the Films section), be put into the section about the Development section(in their proper film sections)? I'm not too concerned about this part, I just thought I'd put this out on the open.
Plot summaries Edit
Ok, I put official plot summaries that I could find of all 4 films(just to make the plots official). And I've already added them to the separate film articles with the character's names have their portrayer's name right beside it(at least in the separate film articles, not this one). CJSFanBlack Pearl, HMS Interceptor, Queen Anne's Revenge 04:45, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
5th and 6th films Edit
You do know that they are coming out, right? I don't know why you took it off the page but if you want the wiki to be inaccurate then ok. I am King Gamer! Talk to Me See my Victories 15:33, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
- The news of Pirates 5's development is confirmed...but not that Pirates 5 will actually happen. And it's currently too early to talk about Pirates 6. - UskokViceroy of the Indies, Nemesis 16:04, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
Look here: 
They all say the 5th and 6th film are going to be made back-to-back like the 2nd and 3rd films.
- You know what they say, mate: "Do not believe everything you read on the internet". Although in my book, if Disney, Bruckheimer or ANY of the cast and crew confirm more sequels are on the way...it's most likely false. But as Uskok said, it is true that a Pirates 5 is confirmed to be in development(along with confirmation of Terry Rossio writing a screenplay draft), but just because it's being developed, doesn't mean it will happen. And until official word is out, all rumors of a Pirates 6 is FALSE. Black Pearl,HMS Interceptor,Queen Anne's Revenge 23:39, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
"stand alone" Edit
The fifth film was mentioned to be a stand alone, does that mean it wont be related story wise to any of the other 4 films? 188.8.131.52 05:19, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
- That might not be true. On Stranger Tides already introduced a new story that was not related to any of the previous three films. I doubt that the producers would just leave us hanging with Angelica finding Jack's voodo doll and create a new story. ARC Trooper Tal 09:40, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
- A little correction on this matter. As quoted by producer Jerry Bruckheimer:
- "The audience told us what they loved about it is that it was fresh, it was new, it was a whole new story. So that will carry over into the next one, too, to give it something fresh and different. As long as the audience embraces this one, we’ll certainly try to make another one. It’s really up to Johnny. He loves the character."
- Meaning...the stories would be different, not that the films will be new entirely. If the latter was the case, we wouldn't have any of our beloved returning characters(including Angelica, who had a cliffhanger-like ending). --Black Pearl, HMS Interceptor, Queen Anne's Revenge 04:36, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
Disney bought On Stranger Tides when?Edit
I remember hearing an interview with the author of On Stranger Tides, Tim Powers, when he said that Disney bought his book after the success of the first film not in 2007. I'll try to find the link for evidence. Captain Dashing (talk) 14:42, June 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh I forgot about this. Well, to clear the air, someone kinda mixed it up over time. Back in October 2009, when Tim Powers first confirmed his book was used, he was quoted in saying, "That happened a while ago, it'll be three years in April."(hence why it was 2007) Then in 2011, as you pointed out, Tim said that this happened after the first movie. Now taking from what Powers said now as well as what was confirmed by Bruckheimer as well as the film's official presskit, Elliott and Rossio found the book during the back-to-back filming of P2 and P3 - this technically happened long after CotBP's success, but happened before Dead Man's Chest was released(according to this interview with Powers). As far as I know, this is the truth of the matter. --
CJ SFanOn Stranger Tides, Arkham City 15:40, June 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay thanks for clearing that up. Captain Dashing (talk) 22:37, June 2, 2013 (UTC)
News on Pirates of the Caribbean 5!Edit
Pirates 5 has been delayed to somewhere in 2016 instead of the original release date in 2015. In the source article there are some information on the future movie, so it might be worth adding to the "Future" section here on this page! :) – The Snow Prince (talk) 20:02, May 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the interest, but not sure if Latinos Post is a reliable-enough site to use, especially when it's not the original source of the information. Besides, the bit about a 2016 release has already been covered by the following quotation, which can be found listed in the September 2013 part of the section...
Sources indicated that a Summer 2016 release is likely.
So, as you can see, we try to cover every piece of important information (so far) about the potential film, official or rumor, mainly in this article or in this blog. --
CJ SFanOn Stranger Tides, Arkham City 00:42, May 26, 2014 (UTC)