|This article is about one of Hector Barbossa's crewmen You may be looking for Weatherby Swann, Governor of Port Royal|
|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
- "Come on!"
- ―Weatherby to his crewmates during the attack on Port Royal.
Weatherby was presumably recruited as member of the Black Pearl's crew by Captain Jack Sparrow prior to the search for Isla de Muerta, and would have supported the mutiny that saw Sparrow's First Mate, Hector Barbossa, take command of the Pearl. The entire crew became cursed upon taking the treasure of Hernán Cortés from the island, and spent the next nine years reclaiming all 882 gold coins to lift the curse.
He was one of the three pirates which stayed on Isla de Muerta with Barbossa, Sparrow and Turner. During the battle, Will and Elizabeth impaled him, Jacoby and Monk together with the same rod. Will placed a grenade inside Jacoby's skeletal form, and pushed him out of the moonlight, trapping it in his flesh-and-blood body. Weatherby exploded, along with his mates. When the curse was lifted, they died almost immediately. Sometime later, Weatherby's remains were swallowed by the waters when Isla de Muerta was retaken by the sea.
Behind the Scenes
- Weatherby was played by D.P. FitzGerald in The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- When the cursed crew were first identified, Clubba was confused with Weatherby. It was assumed that Clubba stayed behind at Isla De Muerta and died with Jacoby and Monk, but it was later revealed that it was in fact Weatherby who stayed.
- After playing Weatherby in The Curse of the Black Pearl, D.P. FitzGerald went to play Bonesy the Pirate in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- In LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, Weatherby is absent. However, Clubba appears and looks like Weatherby, fulfilling Weatherby's role at Isla de Muerta.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
Notes and references
|v • d • eCursed Crew|