- "A wedding. I love weddings! Drinks all around!"
- ―Jack Sparrow
A wedding was the ceremony in which two people are united in marriage or a similar institution. Wedding traditions and customs vary greatly between cultures, ethnic groups, religions, countries, and social classes. Most wedding ceremonies involve an exchange of wedding vows by the couple, presentation of a gift (offering, ring(s), symbolic item, flowers, money), and a public proclamation of marriage by an authority figure or leader. Special wedding garments are often worn, and the ceremony is sometimes followed by a wedding reception.
Behind the scenes
- In Terry Rossio's original script for Dead Men Tell No Tales Hector Barbossa would have married the beautiful Nadirah (actually the villainous Sea Widow in disguise), only for her to escape right after the wedding ceremony, taking one of the pearls of Neptune from him.
- In Jeff Nathanson's 2013 early draft of the Dead Men Tell No Tales script Jack Sparrow and Beatrice's wedding occurred in Port Royal, not in Hangman's Bay. There was also no priest involved.
- Jack Sparrow: Silver (Mentioned only)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Caribbean (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First mentioned)
- Banshee's Boon (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales